Monday, June 17, 2013

Angry father shoots daughter's laptop with .45 pistol after she complains about chores

'This one's from your momma!': Angry father shoots daughter's laptop with .45 pistol after she complains about chores


An angry father has taught his disgruntled teenage daughter a very public lesson in respecting one’s elders by shooting her laptop on camera and then publishing the video on her Facebook page.
Tommy Jordan, of Albemarle, North Carolina, made the video after his 15-year-old daughter Hannah had apparently written a Facebook post complaining about all of the chores she has to do at home.
She was also moaning about how difficult her parents made her life. But when IT worker Mr Jordan found the post he decided grounding her would not be punishment enough and made the video.


‘That right there is your laptop’, he says in a YouTube video, pointing a camera at a computer lying in a patch of dirt on the ground. ‘This right here is my .45,’ he says, moving a pistol into the frame.
He cocks the weapon and shoots nine rounds into the laptop. The video entitled ‘Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen’ is dedicated to his rebellious daughter.


It’s also aimed at ‘all her friends on Facebook who thought that her little rebellious post was cute, and for all you parents out there who think your, you know, kids don’t post bad things on Facebook’.
He begins by reading out his daughter’s post from a computer print-out, explaining ‘since you want to hide it from everyone, I’m going to share it with everybody’.


Mr Jordan mocks his daughter for thinking her parents would not be able to see the post because of her Facebook privacy settings, ignoring the fact that he works in IT for a living.
'That right there is your laptop. This right here is my .45'
Tommy Jordan
In the post, Hannah says she should be paid for the chores she does around the home and attacks her parents for overworking her.
Mr Jordan laughs at this suggestion, pointing out what an easy life she gets in comparison to what he had to endure growing up.She moans about waking up at 5am and go to bed at 10pm.
Then after about seven minutes addressing the camera to berate Hannah, he stands up and blows holes through the laptop.


He rounds off by saying: 'Oh yeah and after that comment you made about your mom, your mom told me to be sure I put one in there for her. So…that one's from her.'

BEST LINES FROM TOMMY JORDAN

  • 'Pay you for the chores... seriously? Pay you for chores that you're supposed to do around the house?'
  • 'You come home from school and you have a list of chores that are on the wall because you can't remember them if you don't'
  • 'Your responsibilities include waking up on time and getting on the bus. That's the end of your responsibilities each day'
  • 'If you have any laundry of your own, do it. And if your bed is unmade, do it. You don't have to do my laundry, you don't have to make my bed, you don't have to make the guest bed'
  • 'Are you out of your mind? You are 15, going on 16 years old. You want things for your laptop... you want a new iPod - but you won't get off your lazy ass to even look for a job'
'Maybe a few kids can take something away from this,’ Mr Jordan writes in the video description.
‘If you’re so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you’re deserving of some tough love. Today, my daughter is getting a dose of tough love.’
He said he found her hidden Facebook post while upgrading her computer. He completes his lesson by saying: ‘You can have a new laptop when you buy a new laptop and when you pay me back the $130 for the software I spent on yours.
‘I hope you’ve enjoyed your little fiasco on Facebook. I hope it was worth all this.' The video has been watched around 1.5million times since it was posted just two days ago.
Mr Jordan has since written on Facebook that the attention has helped him and his daughter 'deal with it' and insisted Hannah is fine, saying they both laughed about the video going viral.
But he admitted: 'I’ll agree that wasn’t a good example of me as a father. I had been reading that post again and again for about an hour, sometimes in tears, other times so mad my hands were shaking.
'I was trying very hard to be civil in my message,' Mr Jordan said, reported Fox News. 'I slipped in that and said a word I shouldn’t have. I deserve a little backlash for that, no doubt.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099280/Dad-shoots-daughters-laptop-Facebook-parenting-video.html#ixzz2WRFo16R1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


Aim: Mr Jordon gets out his pistol to shoot the laptop Punishment: Mr Jordan starts to fire at the laptop

Irreparable: He shoots nine bullets into the computer



WHAT DID HANNAH WRITE IN HER ORIGINAL POST? THE FULL TRANSCRIPT

To my parents,
I'm not your damn slave. It's not my responsibility to clean up your s**t. We have a cleaning lady for a reason. Her name is Linda, not Hannah. 
If you want coffee, get off your ass and get it yourself. If you want a garden, shovel the fertiliser yourself, don't sit back on your ass and watch me do it. If you walk in the house and get mud all over the floor that I just cleaned, be my guest, but clean it up after you are done getting s**t everywhere. 
I'm tired of picking up after you. You tell me at least once a day that I need to get a job. You could just pay me for all the s**t that I do around the house. Every day when I get home from school, I have to do dishes, clean the counter tops, all the floors, make all the beds, do the laundry and get the trash. I'm not even going to mention all the work I do around your clinic. 
And if I don't do all that every day, I get grounded. Do you know how hard it is to keep up with chores and schoolwork? It's freaking crazy. 
I go to sleep at 10 o'clock every night because I am too tired to stay up any longer and do anything else. I have to get up at five in the morning, to get ready for school. On the weekends, I have to sleep with my door locked so my little brother won't come get me up at six. 
I'm tired of this bulls**t. Next time I have to pour a cup of coffee, I'm going to flip s**t. I have no idea how I have a life. I'm going to hate to see the day when you get too old to wipe your ass and you call me, asking for help. I won't be there. 
Signed,
Your Pissed Kid,
Hannah









*aku ada kisah sama dengan kisah ini. next entry ya... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment